Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 5

Well Graphite Halo didn't handle the off track today but that wasn't much of a surprise. But as long as she comes out ok we will live to fight again (preferrably on a turf battlefield). Cherie DeVaux, my Kentucky assistant, and I decided to gallop quite a few of the horses strong today with a Winter storm warning looming over the state of Kentucky. Everyone went pretty well and appear to have bounced back from works or races in good shape. Saw a trainer friend who has been training a former filly of mine with a pretty nice pedigree that was in poor form and he said that she was going to get bred which was nice to hear. Though you can't save every horse that is falling down the class ladder it was nice to hear someone was caring for her.

I have got to get my bills done and sent out so I can start off the New Year getting paid. My organizational skills concerning paperwork are lacking but we are improving much to the relief of my accountant.

A little concerned that Turfway's race card for Wednesday may be cancelled with the freezing rain/snow in the forecast. Weather dominates my life. And that is not an enjoyable situation in January in central Kentucky!

Still have to name a few recently turned two year olds, register some out of state mares, apply for registration papers for three of the yearlings, figure out who the mares will be bred to this spring, get pictures of the new horses.....

No comments:

Post a Comment