Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 22

The weather is really nice today for a change. CDT's track surface is still not yet ready for works though tomorrow should be perfect. Still trying to determine who the mares will be bred to this Spring. For the 1st time in a long time (ever?) the stallion farms are offering great terms and discount prices to even popular studs. This has created a slight dilemma in that I can get great terms on some stallions whose foals sell well at the sales yet I am not a huge fan of. The issue is that I may wind up keeping and racing horses I probably would have passed on at a sale. Do I go the commercial route and try to get potentially higher priced baby or the more conservative way and breed something I wouldn't mind racing? In the past I simply didn't have the funds or ability to get to some of the higher priced stallions and my decisions were fairly limited. I will probably stay the course I have been taking but the options are nice to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment